·Every member of the church is to be accorded true equality and treated with dignity as befits the Body of Christ.
· The authentic church is a church in movement, growing in wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
· The lived experience of each person, shaped by community and culture, contributes to the informed conscience of the faithful.
· Vatican II established open dialogue, academic freedom, due process and shared decision-making. Therefore, the church must be governed according to these principles of Vatican II.
· The church models itself on the pastoral ministry of Jesus.
· To be open, inclusive and hospitable to all.
· To be a voice for the voiceless in our church.
· To provide a forum for ideas, dialogue and action.
To expect personal responsibility and accountability of ourselves and to advocate for openness and the accountability of church leadership.
· To act out of a committed, informed and positive framework.
· To respect the many gifts of the church.
· The ethos of the group is to speak out and to act.